This template is for importing germplasm into BMS. It has 3 worksheets.
- Description: Metadata about the list. LIST NAME, LIST DESCRIPTION and LIST DATE are the mandatory fields. Optional editing to support customization (see Codes below).
- Observation: Germplasm details. ENTRY (1,2,3 …n) and DESIGNATION (germplasm name) are mandatory.
- Codes: Provides optional column headers to customize germplasm details.
Germplasm Template Sample
Pre-populated sample germplasm template for reference.
This template allows to record crosses within and between studies, and allows individual crosses to be described by different methods.
- Description: sheet provides crossing record metadata. Description sheet editing is optional, such as to add to record additional variates.
- Observation: the plot number for the male and female plants is mandatory. Parental germplasm is tracked via nursery plot number.
- Codes sheet provides all the available users and breeding methods available.
- Study list: contains details that allow for location in the female nursery. All females are expected to reside in the designated nursery.
Crossing Template Sample
Pre-populated sample crossing template for reference.
This template is for adding traits/variable to crop ontology of BMS. Each variable name is identified by 3 details. Only one ontology term can be associated with a combination of unique details.
- Property: What is being measured
- Method: How the variable is measured
- Scale: Categorical scale or unit of measure for the variable
Trait Template Sample
Pre-populated sample trait template for reference.
This template is for adding new locations to BMS. Available location types are specified in the template. Latitude and longitude need to be in coordinates.
Location Template Sample
Pre-populated sample location template for reference.
Import Design Template
This template is for importing trial design generated outside of the BMS. design template contains the 3 mandatory column headings. Edit the design template for adding other optional columns like REP_NO, BLOCK_NO etc. based on experimental designs.
- TRIAL_INSTANCE: Number corresponding to specific trial environments
- ENTRY_NO: Number corresponding to specific germplasm. The number of entries in the trial design file must equal the number of entries in the trial germplasm list.
- PLOT_NO: Plot number
Import Design Template Sample
Pre-populated import design template for reference.